Friday, May 14, 2010

Got the Life

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Kelly's Korner hosts a weekly Show Us Your Life series.  This week's topic is Favorite Books and I love to read!   What a great week for me to start blogging.  :)  I like to escape into a series or read several books by the same author.  Today I'd like to share my favorite books to talk about with friends.  Do you read any of these?

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.  HBO has a show in the works!
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is great beach reading.
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1)


The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.  The final installment of this trilogy will be out this summer.
The Hunger Games


David Sedaris - If your looking for dark humor, Sedaris is your man.  Do yourself a favor and listen to at least one audio book so you can hear his voice.  His narration makes these special to me.
Me Talk Pretty One Day


J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series - I like the audio books too.  The British version is narrated by Stephen Fry and Jim Dale narrates the US version.  We picked up our copy of the Barry Trotter parody in Montreal but you can get one from Amazon.
Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody
Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7)


I've read most of New Hampshire author Jodi Picoult's books.  Here's a few...
Plain TruthMy Sister's Keeper: A NovelKeeping Faith LP: A Novel




The Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson
1st to Die (The Women's Murder Club)


Just for fun...here's a taste of what I was in love with during middle school.  My friends and I couldn't get enough of these.  Did you read them too?

The Babysitters Club series
Kristy's Great Idea (The Babysitters Club)


Sweet Valley High series
Sweet Valley High #1: Double Love


R.L. Stine's Fear Street books
The New Girl (Fear Street, No. 1)



I like the concept of the kindle but I think I'd miss sharing books with friends and seeing stacks of books around the house. Do you have a kindle? What do you like and dislike about it?

I'm also linking up to this blog hop today.


FollowMeFridays 


Thanks for stopping by!

Alison

4 comments:

cortney mae said... [Reply to comment]

I love that we love the same books and we have the same cute dog!
I LOVED women's murder club and was soooo upset when it got canceled!!

Mommyto3andahusky said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Love Jodi Picoult books. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Kristy said... [Reply to comment]

Here to follow you for Follow Friday! :)

You have some pretty cool dogs, I love their names!

I have a blog called My Pet Savings, would love to have you stop by.

Kristy

http://www.mypetsavings.com

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Alison! I read all the sweet valley high when i was a teen..Back in France. :)
Thank you for your sweet visit. Following you back :)
Love your dogs.Yep, dog lover here.
XOXO
Frenchy

So, what do you think? Don't be shy...we're all friends here. :) We love hearing from you and read every note you leave us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary