Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 HGTV Green Home tour - Laundry, Recycling, and Mud Room

UPDATE 11/21/2010:  Welcome visitors from Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life Bathrooms week!  I thought it'd be fun to share more from our HGTV home tour in Cape Cod in May because I loved, loved LOVED this room.  It's my favorite in the whole HGTV Green Home!!  I hope find as much inspiration in this room as I do! 

Today we're going to my favorite room in the HGTV Green Home...the laundry room!  If you'd like to see more of this house, you're welcome to check out our mini road trip, exterior, kitchen, living room & dining room, master bedroom suitekids bedroom suite, sitting room & watch tower too.  Next time we'll share lots of photos and details about art work displayed through out the home.

The Laundry, Recycling, and Mud Room is located on the first floor down the hall from the half bath next to the garage entrance. If my laundry room looked like this, I imagine that I'd magically enjoy doing load after dog hair covered load while I do crafts and cut fresh flowers at the island.

I love how the vibrant red LG Energy Star-rated, front-load washer and large-capacity dryer pop against the gray beadboard cabinets and lighter gray walls in here.  The owl giclee prints are from Ballard Designs.
I love the over sized farmer's sinkSmoky Ash CaesarStone counter top, and unique faucet.  I didn't get a great photo of the faucet but you can pull it out and/or down and it'll hold its position so you can use both your hands.
Wire and canvas laundry hampers are to the left of the island and come complete with staged laundry.

The recycling center has eight Hancock baskets from New Hampshire.  Canvas totes are ready for trips to the grocery store.  The recycling area is made from reclaimed, antique heart pine.  The watering can is available from Pottery Barn.
The door to the right of the recycling center is a small coat/utility closet.  I wonder if this laundry is also included in the winner's prize package?  The light inside the closet automatically turns on and off as the door swings.
Hmm, the inside of this closet doesn't seem like a good spot to end the tour today.  Most of my photos of this room came out too dark.  Let's see what I can find... Oh!  I also really liked the light fixture in here and that the darker gray cabinets go all the way up to the lighter gray ceiling. 
Sherwin Williams paint colors: Cityscape (cabinets), Agreeable Gray (walls and ceiling)

Next time we'll appeciate the artwork displayed through out the home.  There's even some in the tiny half bath off the first floor hall way.  I love this mirror and the strong color in this glorified closet powder room that continues onto the ceiling too.

Thanks for stopping by!







UPDATE 11/21/2010: If you're interested in seeing the rest of our 2010 HGTV Green Home tour, click here to visit our HGTV tour summary post that includes a link to each room's in-depth tour.  

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

4 comments:

junebug said... [Reply to comment]

I am so jealous! I love this house. I didn't know you could tour it. I love everything about the laundry room except the owl pictures. I'm sure they're great but I have thing about owls. I have wanted that washer and dryer forever.
Mary did a great job with your blog design. :-)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I love the red washer and dryer. Wow!

twinkietotmom said... [Reply to comment]

Okay, so I was uber jealous of you when I first saw the pics...before I read the words and that this is the HGTV Dream House laundry room! Ha ha! Wouldn't we all die for a laundry room like this?!

Shawn & Emily said... [Reply to comment]

I love your room! Can I ask where you got your wire & canvas laundry baskets? Been looking all over & cannot find any. Thanks!

So, what do you think? Don't be shy...we're all friends here. :) We love hearing from you and read every note you leave us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary