Monday, December 27, 2010

Today was a snow day

Did you have a white Christmas?  We only had a few inches on the ground Christmas day.  It was just enough to provide a nice blanket of white that made everything look as pretty as a greeting card.  I didn't remember to bring my camera to my in-laws so I don't have any pretty Christmas photos to share.  :(  Instead I'll show you the fabric for a project I'm working on.  Now without further adieu, here's your consolation prize photo:



Blizzard warnings were in effect today for our county and most of Maine.  Jake works for a small nonprofit and their office was closed.  I work for an international bank that was not closed.  I was able to work from home so no complaints there.  :)  While I was busy working, Jake was on snow maintenance duty.  Our driveway and yard are too small to hire a plow truck or warrant the use of a snow blower because there isn't a place to push or throw the snow.  Jake spent a few hours throughout the day shoveling in the wind and cold.  While he was outside, he and a neighbor that was shoveling helped someone else push their car out of a snowbank at an intersection near our houses.  Fun, fun, fun!

In case you haven't seen one before, this is a snow blower.
Poulan Pro PR624ES 24-Inch 208cc LCT Gas Powered Two-Stage Snow Thrower With Electric Start 961920037

A different neighbor blows their snow into our small fenced backyard.  The yard our dogs use several times every single day.  One time Jake's sister was back there with her dogs and she was pelted with snow courtesy of the neighbor.  Nothing says "come visit us again" like snow inside your jacket.  The giant heap of blown snow makes the yard unusable for our dogs because they could just climb the snow pile and easily go over the fence.  I've tried to go over to talk with them but I can't catch them outside.  Not once in 5 years!  There are 3-4 apartments in this big converted Victorian but no one answers their door or moves a curtain when I ring their doorbells or knock.  I imagine that they're inside, ducking out of sight under their windowsills, holding their breath until I walk home.  Ah, the city life.

 Do you have any issues (snow related or otherwise) with your neighbors?

13 comments:

Courtney said... [Reply to comment]

your blog is super cute! I'm your newest follower from the TTT Tuesday Blog Hop.

Courtney
http://courtney-theandersons.blogspot.com/

Alliejean said... [Reply to comment]

Hello, I am following you from FMBT. I would love it if you would follow me too!
http://reinventedmama.blogspot.com/

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

First Time Following you, I'd love it if you can follow me back @ www.lessonsfromivy.com

Jaime S. said... [Reply to comment]

Found you at TTT and following, please follow me back at http://imamomnotaprofessional.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I love your blog design and those fabric patterns are GORGEOUS!

I found you via FMBT and am your newest follower Rae T.

I'd love if you could follow me back at my blog: There's a Contest for That

Have a great day! :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

What a horrible thing for the neighbors to do! I would be so pissed.

Luckily, our neighbors are all pretty cool. If anything, we are the ones who have the most unsightly yard. However, they don't say anything because it's tons better than it was with the previous owners and they know we have spent the last 3 years fixing up the inside of it. haha!

We don't even own a snow shovel even though we get snow every year. Instead, we just let the sun melt it. We're lazy. This year we had family over for Christmas so my husband did go outside and use a broom to brush the snow off the walkway and driveway. It's funny..but it did actually work.

Forty and Trying to be Fab said... [Reply to comment]

I'm a new follower via blo hop.Great blog. Would love a follow back at www.fortyandtryingtobefab.blogspot.com

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hi there! I love your blog and I'm a new follower.

Love if you can follow back :)

http://lean-soldier.blogspot.com

BECKS said... [Reply to comment]

Hi!

I'm a new follower from the Tuesday blog hops.

Hope you'll follow me back
http://becks-carrie.blogspot.com

Have a happy New Year!

xx
Becks

megan {homemade ginger} said... [Reply to comment]

cute blog! I'm not following from wandering wednesdays

www.homemadeginger.blogspot.com

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said... [Reply to comment]

lol, I live in Fl so no snow stories! I ahve pretty good neighbore - they probably complain about the "noise" level coming from my house though! Oh my, I just might be "that" neighbor! Yikes!

Great blog - new follower via a hop

would love if you came by my blog http://www.momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/
for a visit!

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

I love your blog! I am stopping by from the Wednesday blog hop from Home Sweet Farm. Happy Holidays!

Jacki said... [Reply to comment]

Ah. Snow. Yes, we deal with it often up here in Central Wisconsin! I don't know why I submit myself to this for 5 months of the year: Gray skys, dirty snow tracks in the entry way, 2 feet of snow at a time. Ah, oh well. I love all four seasons and that's why I stay.

You asked about snow related issues with neighbors. The cool thing is with our neighbors we help each other out... A couple weeks ago we knew they were out of town for the weekend so my husband went over and plowed a walkway to their garage door so at least they could get in to attempt at blowing their snow. Low and behold a week later they took care of the snow in front of our mailbox... I hope you can get in touch with your sneaky neighbor and tell them to angle the head of the snowblower elsewhere (HOW frustrating!?)!

So, what do you think? Don't be shy...we're all friends here. :) We love hearing from you and read every note you leave us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary