Monday, December 6, 2010

2010 Ornament Swap



image


Laura from The Luckiest in Love organized a fun Ornament Swap for bloggers.  Laura and I had an impromptu fabric swap weeks ago in October and I LOVE the two she sent me.  I used one fabric for Thanksgiving and I've been planning to use the second fabric to make myself an apron.  But, first I need to finish start sewing a pile of Christmas gifts.  :)

Laura paired me with Nicole from A Sailor & His Two Girls and I couldn't be happier with the ornaments Nicole sent me.  This gingerbread couple riding a candy cane sleigh is absolutely adorable!  She added our initials which made me like it even more.  :)

I love that she included something that reflects her state.  The cardinal is Virgina's state bird.

I almost bought this cute jingle bell wreath ornament a couple weeks ago.  I was so pleased to find that Nicole sent me one!

I had fun choosing ornaments for Nicole at a local Maine Made shop.  I'm happy to report that they all survived the US postal system.  Yay!  :)  I chose three starfish (subtly sparkled) and added some delicate red ribbon with white polka dots.

I jazzed up an anchor ornament a bit and added their initial.  I liked the combination of the mini pine cones and anchor.  Maine is the Pine Tree state but it also has lots of coastline.

I was itching to do a little something crafty that day so I whipped up this card too.


Maximus and Brewster are participating in a Pet Gift Exchange with two silky terriers from Florida.  I'll be posting about their swap soon.  Aren't Jasper and Precious adorable?


Happy holidays!


3 comments:

Laura said... [Reply to comment]

How fun!! I'll be posting about my swap results soon and adding a linky, so you'll have to be sure to link up this post! :)

Nikki said... [Reply to comment]

I had so much fun! Just loved all the ornaments!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

What a fun exchange! All the ornaments are super cute.

So, what do you think? Don't be shy...we're all friends here. :) We love hearing from you and read every note you leave us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary