Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Hallway



After work this evening, I felt like doing something that I could complete start to finish before dinner.  I decided to liven up the hallway table that sits across from our master bedroom door.





I'd love to do something different on the wall above the table.  Any suggestions?  I picked this up years ago when we had this big old house with nothing on the walls and I'm craving change.



One of my sisters-in-law works at a paint-your-own pottery shop.  She gave me the fabulous lighted ceramic tree.  I love it!  I simply adore the colors she used.


I partially wrapped two hardcover books and one audio book with scrapbook papers to raise the ceramic tree up.  The real tree was only $5 at walmart.  I wrapped some red tulle around the plastic container to give it a little pep.


The tiny lamp and glittered Noel are sitting on a pile of four hardcover books.  I wrapped one piece of scrapbook paper around the front of three books.  The top book is keeping it in place.  I framed some scrapbook paper too.



Here it is all put together!


Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting a Holiday Vignette Party today.  Go link up and have fun!

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

6 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said... [Reply to comment]

Hi, Alison, thanks for joining the party! You've added a lot of Holiday cheer to that little table. so cute! Love that lighted ceramic tree.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Festive vignettes Alison!

gena said... [Reply to comment]

Adorable ! My mother had a ceramic tree like that when I was growing up... I need to ask her where it is !!!! Hmmmmm !!!!!!!

thanks for sharing,
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog!
Please follow back!
Skye from the Fabulous Friday Hop!
Dont forget to put the blog hop button on your pageor blog about it so we can get more followers!!

annies home said... [Reply to comment]

beautiful I have a tree very similliar to that one I fell in love with it when I was shopping at a junk shop one day

Funky Junk Interiors said... [Reply to comment]

Very sweet! My mom had that same ceramic tree so it brings back alot of fond memories. :)

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

So, what do you think? Don't be shy...we're all friends here. :) We love hearing from you and read every note you leave us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary