Friday is here! We're getting ready to enjoy a nice, long weekend and hope you are too. This week we're participating in New Friend Friday, Blog Hop Friday, and Friendly Friday Follow. All comments and followers are welcome and we'll do all follow backs by Tuesday. We're interested in all sorts of things so please don't be shy. Leave us a comment so we know you were here! :)
This week at Welcome Sunshine Home...
1. Jake shared a simple game for all ages here. This is great on a hot day!
here. I love picnics! :)
I Heart Faces photo challenge for the first time here.
here. I loved so many things in this house but today I'm crushing on this recycled sunburst mirror. I'm still thinking about how I can make a DIY version...
here. This is so much nicer to come home to after long days at the office. What do you think?
***UPDATE: We're a semi-finalist in The Iron Crafter Sheets and Pillowcases competition! If you like what you see, you can vote for us here until Friday at midnight (we're project #7).***
6. We received a blog award that I'm announcing right now! :)
Life As A Cuban Mama choose us as one of her five recipients for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) Please take some time to stop over and visit her. I love her button!
Seven things about Jake
1. I am a die hard New England sports fan.
2. I was installing shelves in our bathroom during the Super Bowl this year.
3. My favorite birthday present ever is the plasma TV in our living room. See #1.
4. I enjoy speaking in TV and movie quotes.
5. My sister calls me a home wrecker because I split infinitives.
6. I plan to become Alison's personal driver when she moves far enough up the corporate ladder. We commute together daily now so it'd just be making it official. See Alison's #6 below.
7. I put dirty dishes in the sink. Two feet from the dishwasher. See Alison's #7 below to find out why.
Seven things about me (Alison)
1. I love sunshine! I want to be like all the retired folk (aka Snowbirds) that summer in New England and take winter in Florida.
2. Scrabble is my all time favorite board game and I like to win. Apples to Apples and Cranium are great fun too.
3. I bought two houses with my college sweetheart (Jake, of course, you silly heads) in the five years before we were married.
4. I love to have several projects going at once.
5. I crave spontaneity and can't find routines to fall into consistently at home (housework, cooking, exercise, etc).
6. My new 'corporate title' at work is Vice President. I've worked my way up from being a part-time teller during college. See Jake's #6 above.
7. I use whatever clean dishes I need straight from the dishwasher instead of unloading it.
Now we have the task of presenting this award to several blogs who we've recently discovered and think are pretty fantastic. In no particular order:
Life Spent Wagging
5 Minutes Just for Me
Road Dog Tales
a and w
One Guy in a House of Girls
Remember...there are a few "rules" that come with accepting The Versatile Blogger Award (simply right click and copy image above):
1. Thank the person/people who gave it to you.
2. Tell seven random things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 5-15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and think are fantastic. Don't forget to let them know! :)
Thanks again to Dania for choosing us! :)
How It Went
2 weeks ago